HEINEKEN is a proud, independent global brewer committed to surprise and excite consumers with its brands and products everywhere. The brand that bears the founder’s family name – Heineken® – is available in almost every country on the globe and is the world’s most valuable international premium beer brand. The Company’s aim is to be a leading brewer in each of the markets in which it operates and to have the world’s most valuable brand portfolio. HEINEKEN wants to win in all markets with Heineken® and with a full brand portfolio in markets of choice.
The Company is present in over 70 countries and operates more than 165 breweries. HEINEKEN is Europe’s largest brewer and the world’s third largest by volume. HEINEKEN is committed to the responsible marketing and consumption of its more than 250 international premium, regional, local and specialty beers and ciders. The number of people employed is over 73,500.
As Treasury Mid Office Lead you will be responsible for ensuring the effective processing, accounting and reporting of all the external and internal Treasury transactions of the HEINEKEN Corporate Office Entities conducted by Global Treasury’s Front Office. This includes ensuring compliance with the HEINEKEN accounting policies (based on IFRS) and regulatory requirements. You will be leading the Treasury Mid Office team consisting of two Treasury Mid Office Analysts and responsible to manage the daily tasks of the Treasury Mid Office team. You will work closely with various Global Finance departments like Global Treasury, Global Accounting & Reporting and Global Tax as well as with Operating Companies (OpCos), HEINEKEN Global Shared Services (HGSS) in Kraków and Finance & Treasury Centre in Singapore.
Within your role as Treasury Mid Office Lead you will:
- Support control over Treasury Front Office activities, understand their impact on financial figures and ensure that the ERP system (SAP) provides the expected output in line with the accounting principles
- Ensure adequate reporting and accounting for all types of external financing relationships (bonds, commercial paper, bank facilities) and internal financing transactions (dividends, IC-loans and IC deposits, and cash pooling)
- Ensure adequate reporting and accounting for all types of hedge relationships (cash flow hedges, fair value hedges, net investment hedge) in different markets (FX, interest rates, commodities)
- Execute month, quarter and year-end close procedures
- Prepare the monthly treasury report on all treasury related positions
- Conduct various Treasury Mid Office controls such as fair valuation completeness and correctness, impact of natural hedges, compliance of product types with existing hedging models, etc.
- Monitor and safeguard processes like transaction confirmations, payment runs and suspense accounts
- Deliver detailed input data to the notes to financial reports in the area of financial instruments
- Ensure timely and proper planning and reporting of forecasting and budget process
- Ensure appropriate participation administration and dividend declaration process for all HEINEKEN entities around the globe
- Ensure proper internal control and enhance of internal processes by eliminating non-value added activities
- Provide input related to accounting of financial instruments during discussions with Global Treasury, Global Tax and other departments (upon needs), in some cases in the form of accounting position papers
- Be in contact with SAP Consultants in order to improve existing IT solutions (a.o. SAP Treasury) and add new functionalities and automation along with development of product range being entered into by Global Treasury
- Be in close contact with external auditors in the area of treasury
Your working environment
As Treasury Mid Office Lead you will report to Manager Corporate Accounting & Reporting and your position is based in Amsterdam. Organisationally, the Treasury Mid Office team is placed in the Corporate Accounting & Reporting department to ensure segregation from both trading activities and Mid/Back Office operations, but the role works closely together with the Front Office and the Back Office in Kraków. The Corporate Accounting & Reporting department (being part of Global Accounting & Reporting), is responsible for the accounting and reporting of all Corporate Office entities, including Heineken International B.V. and Heineken N.V. The latter ones are – among others – responsible for external financing and risk management of HEINEKEN Group. They also provide financing and intercompany derivatives to operating companies worldwide.
The Treasury Mid Office team is primarily responsible for reporting on treasury and risk management operations and proper accounting thereof. The range of transactions is broad – starting from standard money market deals (deposits, loans, spot FX transactions), through debt instruments (including bonds) up to various derivatives (FX forwards, (cross-currency) interest swaps, commodity swaps). Furthermore, the Treasury Mid Office team is responsible for the accounting and reporting of movements in shareholdings/participations in subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates (and related dividends) of the Corporate Office Entities.
For this role we are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Economics or Accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Treasury Accounting, Treasury or Reporting & Accounting position (Corporate Treasury department or Big 4 Treasury Audit team)
- Passionate about financial risk management and hedge accounting
- In depth knowledge of treasury products and treasury accounting, including hedge accounting (IFRS 9)
- Good IT-knowledge (SAP experience is a must) and experience in designing and executing effective data processing
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills. Strong attention to details
- A ‘can-do’ attitude along with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with good communication skills, flexible attitude and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to adjust own style to suit audience and achieve objectives
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly in MS Excel)
- Fluent in English
For additional information about this job opening or the application process, please contact Patrick Schutijser, Manager Corporate Accounting & Reporting, at email@example.com.