As a Treasury Manager it’s an interesting time to come on board at Vopak! The combination of the growth strategy of Vopak together with our existing widespread global network of terminals, provides a Treasury Manager a dynamic working environment with a strong focus on living the five Vopak Values: Care for Safety, Health and the Environment, Integrity, Team Spirit, Commitment and Agility. If this is what you are looking for, then we’ll be happy to meet you!
Global Treasury within Vopak
Treasury within Vopak is a centralized global function. The department is responsible for Intercompany Financing, Dividend Policy, External Corporate and Joint Venture Financing and overall Bank Relationship Management. In addition to this Global Treasury is also responsible for Cash Management and Interest Rate- and Foreign Exchange Risk Management. Global Treasury is staffed by highly educated people, who have great ambition and like to work in a challenging international environment. Staff at this department work closely together as a team and challenge each other to improve performance on an ongoing basis. The team consists of the Global Director Treasury, Senior Manager Global Treasury, Senior Treasury Manager, Treasury Manager, Cash Manager and the Assistant. As a Treasury Manager you will be alternately involved in Cash Management, Relationship Management, Risk Management, Corporate Finance and Joint Venture Finance, depending on the priorities.
Your job in bullet points:
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with external banks, as well as Vopak’s group companies and joint ventures;
- Take the lead in the more complex in-house-bank local capital structures in close consultation with Global Tax and Global Control;
- Coordinate and manage global foreign exchange risks and interest rate risks;
- Jointly execute with the Cash Manager foreign exchange and derivative transactions;
- Back-up for the Cash Manager in coordinating and implementing all day-to-day Cash Management activities;
- Pro-actively promoting the Vopak Treasury policy internally and externally;
- Initiating and implementing various Treasury projects, including the further optimization of worldwide Cash
- Management, Treasury Management System and making intellectual contributions to several Business Development initiatives;
- Supporting role in various Corporate and Joint Venture Finance activities.
- University degree in Business Economics, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines;
- At least five years of relevant international work experience at a large company, bank or institutional investor preferably in a similar Treasury role;
- The candidate has gained relevant international experience in structuring, negotiating and the execution of financing arrangements at Corporate level;
- Good knowledge of financial markets; including Debt and Equity Capital Markets.
- Flexible and proactive attitude with attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial mentality and result driven not afraid of taking decisions;
- Able to demonstrate strong numerical/analytical skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong developed advice-, negotiation- and communication skills;
- Able to work independently in a team setting;
- Confident in business English.
Every career at Vopak is given the opportunity to shine! When you join Vopak, you can count on:
- A challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a Dutch multinational with a history of over 400 years;
- Highly motivated colleagues;
- Participation in the Vopak private pension fund and collective health insurance;
- Room to grow through professional training and personal development opportunities at national and international level.
Are you the Treasury Manager we are looking for?
Then please have a look at our website www.vopak.com/career and apply via the ‘apply’ button below. For questions about the process please contact the recruitment department Pieter van den Eijnden, 0613063956.
An e-assessment may be a part of the selection procedure.