Global HQ Arcadis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.2 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. www.arcadis.com.
The Treasury Controller will join a small and flexible team of treasury professionals, working closely with the Treasury Manager, and operating in an open and positive treasury environment, where the candidate will be challenged professionally and can continue to develop.
Head of Corporate Treasury
- Ensure treasury accounting and reporting work is performed correctly and efficiently. Detailed review of journal postings where necessary. Active involvement in further optimization of accounting processes;
- Take ownership of managing and understanding head office and consolidated Net Finance Expense components (including foreign exchange results) and the factors affecting these items;
- Active role in monthly & quarterly treasury reporting and analysis of balance sheet items as well as contingent liabilities;
- Active role in treasury forecasting such as Net Debt development;
- Regular communication with regions to optimize the number of bank accounts in the organization and involvement in ensuring efficient repatriation of cash wherever possible;
- Perform daily activities such as:
- Liquidity review and analysis of funding needs, to support the Treasury Manager;
- Generate & Maintain FX position calculations;
- Involvement in treasury-related payments and approval;
- Help manage the intercompany and external loan portfolio and ensure paperwork is up-to-date;
- Communicate with external contacts and internal personnel to resolve open issues;
- Provide technical and analytical support of the financial & treasury reporting and consolidation platforms and Treasury Management System development and maintenance;
- Active involvement in documentation demands such as establishing cash pools or other necessary paperwork relating to operational treasury processes.
- Inquisitive, problem-solving and result-oriented attitude to deal with the challenges of a dynamic Treasury department;
- Conduct special projects, prepare ad hoc reports and other analysis at the request of the Group Treasurer.
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business related field and about 5 years of recent experience performing treasury activities in the Regional or Global Treasury center of a multinational company.
Further required experience and competencies:
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; SAP BPC experience a plus;
- Ability to analyze data to arrive at findings and recommendations;
- Ability to network and influence across several groups;
- Experience using internet banking programs;
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality;
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Willingness to work flexible hours based on business needs.
And in addition, specific competencies for the financial discipline:
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the financial area, applies the knowledge and skills in an effective way, maintains awareness of developments in the professional fields, develops her/his own financial knowledge and skills;
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills, a strong aptitude for numbers & accuracy and be able to perform under stress & work within strict deadlines. Has to ability to identify and explain future business developments;
- Experience in managing projects in a multi-cultural context over different locations;
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and convince colleagues through knowledge and diplomacy.
Main working contacts
- Head of Corporate Treasury
- Treasury Manager
- Team of treasury professionals
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
René Teiken (Corporate Recruiter Arcadis NV)
Tel: +31 650 736 710
Recruitment agencies need not respond. Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.