It’s an interesting time for you to come on board at Vopak! Around the world, we connect the supply of and demand for vital products and resources. Energy that allows people to heat their homes and travel the world. Food for a growing planet. And chemicals for companies to use. Products that are vital to people’s lives. We ensure the safe, efficient and clean storage of such vital products. The global energy transition, the growing world population, and all new possibilities of emerging technologies make this a very interesting time to be doing business. If this global working environment appeals to you and you have the right skills and mindset.
Treasury within Vopak is a centralized global function. The department is responsible for Intercompany Financing, Dividend Policy, External Corporate and Joint Venture Financing and overall Bank Relationship Management Globally. In addition to this Global Treasury is also responsible for Cash Management and Interest Rate- and Foreign Exchange Risk Management. Global Treasury is staffed by highly educated people, who have great ambition and like to work in a challenging and dynamic international environment. Staff (team of 4 FTEs + support) at this department work closely together with the Treasurer and challenge each other in the team to improve performance on an ongoing basis.
Currently we are looking for a
Senior (Financing) Manager Global Treasury
As a Senior Manager you will be involved in projects related to business development such as investments (greenfield, brownfield and/or acquisitions) and divestments, Corporate Finance, Joint Venture Finance, next to In-House-Bank Financing, Cash Management and Risk Management, depending on the priorities.
Your function in bullet points:
- Represent Global Treasury internally and externally in projects related to business development (greenfield, brownfield and acquisitions) to safeguard adherence to Vopak’s Financial Strategy and Treasury’s Policies;
- Coordinate and implement various Corporate and Joint Venture Finance activities that can vary from various forms of Bank Lending at Corporate level to capital market transactions and more tailor made project financings at joint venture level globally;
- Structuring of new business developments together with Tax, Legal, Insurance and Control;
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with external banks, as well as Vopak’s group companies and joint ventures;
- Pro-actively promote the Vopak Treasury Policies internally and externally;
- Assist when needed the Treasury Operations team in Cash Management and (FX) Risk Management activities;
- Initiating and implementing various Treasury projects, related amongst others to Treasury systems, digitisation, Cash Management, Risk Management, changing regulatory requirements.
Who we are looking for:
- University Masters degree in Business Economics, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines;
- At least five – eight years of relevant work experience at a large international company, bank or institutional investor preferably in a similar Treasury role;
- The candidate has gained relevant international experience in structuring, negotiating and the execution of financing arrangements at Corporate level and Project Finance at Joint Venture level;
- Good knowledge of financial markets; in particular FX Markets, Loan Markets and Debt and Equity Capital Markets.
- Flexible, proactive and hands on attitude with attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial mentality and result driven not afraid of taking decisions;
- Able to demonstrate strong numerical/analytical skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong developed advice-, negotiation – and communication skills;
- Able to work independently in a team setting;
- Confident in business English.
Are you the Senior (Financing) Manager Global Treasury we are looking for?
Then start your journey at Vopak and apply! You can send your resume and cover letter to Dolf de Haan via email@example.com
In case you wish further information on this vacancy you can contact Dolf de Haan via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31(0) 6 270 93 913
A psychological test or further assessments can be a part of the selection procedure.
What we offer:
Every career at Vopak is given the opportunity to shine! When you join Vopak, you can count on:
- A challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a Dutch multinational with a history over 400 years;
- Highly motivated colleagues;
- Room to grow through professional training and personal development opportunities at national and international level.