BayWa AG is an international trading and services company with it’s head office in Munich, Germany, around 17,000 employees and a turnover of approximately € 16 billion. BayWa’s core business segments are Agriculture, Energy and Building Materials. The company has about 3,000 sales locations in 17 countries.
BayWa Agri Supply & Trade (BAST) is the largest business unit within the Agriculture segment. BAST is a 100% BayWa owned company for worldwide agricultural commodity trading and covers the entire value chain from the field through to the marketing of the products.
The Treasury department
Given the international character of the industry and the high commodity- and financial volumes of BAST, the Treasury department has a broad range of responsibilities and activities. BAST Treasury closely cooperates with banks, subsidiaries across Europe and BayWa Treasury in Munich.
The most important tasks of the department are managing the central FX position, cash management and funding. The team of 2,0 fte is located in Rotterdam and is currently looking for a new, fulltime colleague.
The main responsibility of the FX & Cash Manager will be FX management.
- Hedge substantial currency exposures for several BAST entities
- Hedge the central BAST currency position, within the position limits and under supervision of the Head of Treasury, by executing spot-, forward- and swap transactions with banks
- Closely monitor financial markets developments and pro-actively inform stakeholders
- Monitor financial markets regulation (e.g. EMIR) and create reports for several stakeholders
Given the relatively small size of the team (3,0 fte), it is important that team members can support and replace each other. Therefore, next to FX, the new colleague will focus on cash management.
- Preparing the daily cash position
- Cash flow forecasts
- Managing & optimizing the bank account structure
- Internal and external interest rate calculations & settlements (on loans, cash pools etc.)
- Contact banks about various banking services
Next to these core tasks, the FX & Cash Manager will be introduced in other team responsibilities like funding (working capital facilities from banks, liquidity planning, intercompany loans etc.), trade finance (letters of credit, documentary collections, guarantees etc.) and specific treasury projects.
- Finance / analytical skills
- Result driven
- Communications skills, both in Dutch and English
- Stress resistant
- Team player
- No nonsense / hands-on mentality
- Entrepreneurial attitude (self starter, looking for answers, motivated to generate ideas and develop new skills etc.)
Education & Experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics or similar studies.
- At least 8 years relevant working experience out of which 5 years in an international corporate treasury
- FX trading experience
- Knowledge of cash management structures, -instruments and -procedures
- The possibility to work in a growing international trade company
- A dynamic work environment with short lines and a strong focus on your development
- A fulltime position
- Excellent working conditions (primary & secondary)
- Great career opportunities
For more information about this position please contact Eric Steenhouwer, Head of Treasury BAST.
You can send your letter, written in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org