Company: International Flavors & Fragrances (www.iff.com)
Job Title: Interim Global Treasury Analyst
Period: 24 Aug – 31 Dec 2020
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Remuneration: Based upon experience and available hours
Also due to an increase in Treasury projects, IFF is looking for an Interim Global Treasury Analyst based in Hilversum, The Netherlands from mid-August to end of 2020. In this function you will be responsible for the execution and management of operational Treasury activities in all countries where IFF is active and you will support and add value to the various (integration) projects.
Activities include cash management and forecasting, foreign currency management, internal and external funding as well as other day to day treasury related operations.
Treasury within IFF (NYSE listed) is a centralized and global function.
The Treasurer and the Assistant Treasurer are located in New York and manage Corporate Treasury: capital markets, bank relationships, interest risk management, pension and insurance.
The Global Treasury Operations team consists of a Global Treasury Operations Manager and 2 Global Treasury Analysts (1 FTE in The Netherlands, 1 FTE in Israel).
Back Office support is provided by our Shared Service Team in Hungary (2FTE).
The Interim Global Treasury Analyst will focus on daily Cash and FX Management and will support and drive Treasury projects. The candidate will report to the Global Treasury Operations Manager.
The below activities are to be managed largely independently by the candidate:
Global cash management and forecasting:
The Analyst is responsible for the daily cash management of various (multi-currency) cash pools with the objective to minimize trapped cash and net interest expense globally. Furthermore, he/she coordinates the inter-company netting, manages cash forecasting (both LT and ST) and focuses on minimizing bank charges.
Global foreign currency management
He/She will execute the global FX hedging programs that limit the sensitivity of IFF against (adverse) exchange rates movements. This includes analyzing FX exposures, initiating FX deals, deal capturing, hedge accounting documentation and preparation of the monthly FX reporting package.
Internal and external funding:
This includes the effective management of both internal as well as external loan positions including loan documentation, pricing, registration and settlement.
About 50% of the work is project driven. This is mostly related to aligning our banking infrastructure, providing support for legal restructurings and increasing use of dashboard reporting.
The ideal candidate is pragmatic and proactive and has a drive to improve existing processes in order to add value to the company.
- Daily cash management and cash forecasting
- Management of FX exposures
- Participate in various Treasury (integration) projects based on expertise
- Prepare management reporting on various Treasury items
- Management of internal and external loan positions
- University level / MBA or comparable education level with focus on Finance and/or Economics
- 4-7 year work experience in a Treasury function
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to solve (more) complex issues
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proactive and responsive
- Ability to interact and communicate with management
- Advanced Excel skills
- Fluent in English essential. Other languages beneficial
- Certified Treasury professional, CPA / Certified Auditor
- Specific Treasury and accounting related knowledge
- Experience with SAP TMS and systems as; Quantum, Bloomberg, TIS, FX All, PowerBi.
- Interim: 4-5 months