It’s an interesting time for you to come on board at Vopak! Around the world, we connect the supply of and demand for vital products and resources. Energy that allows people to heat their homes and travel the world. Food for a growing planet. And chemicals for companies to use. Products that are vital to people’s lives. We ensure the safe, efficient and clean storage of such vital products. The global energy transition, the growing world population, and all new possibilities of emerging technologies make this a very interesting time to be doing business. If this global working environment appeals to you and you have the right skills and mindset, then apply now to become a part of our Vopak team.
As a Cash Manager it’s an interesting time to come on board at Vopak! The combination of the growth strategy of Vopak together with our existing widespread global network of terminals, provides a Cash Manager a dynamic working environment with a strong focus on living the five Vopak Values: Care for Safety, Health and the Environment, Integrity, Team Spirit, Commitment and Agility. If this is what you are looking for, then we’ll be happy to meet you!
Experienced Cash Manager
Global Treasury within Vopak
Treasury within Vopak is a centralized global function. The department is responsible for Intercompany Financing, Dividend Policy, External Corporate and Joint Venture Financing and overall Bank Relationship Management. In addition to this Global Treasury is also responsible for Cash Management and Interest Rate- and Foreign Exchange Risk Management. Global Treasury is staffed by highly educated people, who have great ambition and like to work in a challenging international environment. Staff at this department work closely together as a team and challenge each other to improve performance on an ongoing basis. The team consists of the Global Director Treasury, Senior Manager Global Treasury, Senior Treasury Manager, two Cash Managers and Assistant. As a Cash Manager you are responsible for the execution of Vopak’s worldwide daily Treasury operations including daily Cash Management, Risk Management and operating and maintaining of Treasury (related) systems.
Your job in bullet points
- Optimize and manage the liquidity position and determine the foreign exchange and interest rate risk exposures combined with a view on economic, political and social developments in the global financial markets;
- Manage and execute the internal financing via the in-house bank;
- Execute money market-, foreign exchange and derivative transactions independently;
- Actively maintain a network of contacts with Finance Managers at Vopak subsidiaries and joint ventures and international financial institutions;
- Report periodically on Treasury topics to senior management and prepare hedge documentation;
- Assist the Treasury Managers in Corporate Finance, Joint Venture Finance and Business Development projects;
- Advise on functional maintenance and improvements within the electronic banking infrastructure and the Treasury management system and investigate possibilities for process improvements.
- Academic level in Business Economics, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines;
- At least three years of relevant work experience at a large company, bank or institutional investor preferably in a similar Treasury role;
- Interest and knowledge of financial markets;
- Knowledge of Treasury and electronic banking software.
- Flexible and proactive attitude with attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial mentality and result driven not afraid of taking decisions;
- Able to demonstrate strong numerical/analytical skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong developed advice-, negotiation- and communication skills;
- Able to work independently in a team setting;
- Confident in business English.
Are you the Cash Manager we are looking for?
Then start your journey at Vopak and apply via the ‘apply’ button below. For questions about the process please contact the recruitment department. An e-assessment may be a part of the selection procedure.
What we offer?
Every career at Vopak is given the opportunity to shine! When you join Vopak, you can count on:
- A challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a Dutch multinational with a history over 400 years;
- Highly motivated colleagues;
- Room to grow through professional training and personal development opportunities at national and international level.