Sustainability is gaining increasing attention on the strategic agenda of companies, yet how it can be tied back to departments and functions, including that of finance & treasury, is not always clear. The added value that treasury can have in this area is profound and the benefits in terms of cost savings can be considerable. A recent survey indicated 52% of finance leaders agree that the finance function lacks the expertise to advise the business on sustainability strategy, which is why boosting the knowledge of finance executives on this topic is key.
During this PEP session, hosted by ING in cooperation with EcoVadis (they operate the first collaborative platform providing Sustainability Ratings for global supply chains), you will learn how improvement of sustainability achievements can be quantified and tied to financial solutions and how this leads to economic benefits. The following questions will be addressed:
- Why would you apply for a sustainability rating and what does it entail?
- What is being rated and what does it mean?
- What are the pros and cons of having a rating? What value can it bring?
- How does a rating work? And how do rating agencies work?
- Which financing solutions are linked to sustainability and sustainability ratings?
- How to get started with sustainable finance solutions?
Date Thursday June 21, 2018
Location: Hoogtij, Johan van Hasseltweg 39, 1021 Amsterdam.
|15.30||Welcome and registration|
|16.00||Opening by Dr. Roland Mees – ING Sustainable Finance|
|16.10||Sustainable ratings the why, how and what by EcoVadis|
|17.00||Sustainable financing solutions Dr. Roland Mees – ING Sustainable Finance|
|17.30||Drinks and networking|