Workshop 3 of the Enterprise Risk Management and Treasury workshop series: advanced workshops providing treasurers insight in how corporates structure ERM, the relationship to Treasury and practical applications of risk finance optimization.
Risk financing optimization: what is the optimal use of capital?
As a CFO or treasurer, it is key to manage the relation between risk, return and the amount of capital in the firm. This involves clear allocation of risk capital. This can only be done if the company has clearly formulated a risk appetite defining the risk tolerance of the company. This then provides guidance as to all main risk related decisions such as risk retention or transfer. During this session we will evaluate these aspects in a coherent way and develop the relevant tools that allow the risk-return trade-offs.
- Insight into the design of risk appetite and risk tolerance levels.
- Understanding of an economic “trade-off” analysis and how it can be used to ensure any risk response decisions are aligned to the risk appetite of the organization.
- Retention and transfer strategy, what risks do I transfer and why, and the impact of insurance markets.
- David Kraft, Head of Risk Analytics, Marsh Continental Europe
- Rene Doff, Professor at University of Amsterdam and Nyenrode University & Publicist
16:00-17:00 Workshop part 1
17:00-17:15 Short break
17:15-18:00 Workshop part 2
18:00-19:00 Network drinks
Location: Marsh Offices Conradstraat 18, 3013 AP Rotterdam