- The Association year (financial year) runs from 1st January to 31st December in line with the calendar year.
- Ordinary members, sector-linked members and fellows are obliged to pay an annual membership fee. The full fee is payable when joining in the first half of an association year and half the fee is payable when joining in the second half of an association year. The membership fee is agreed at the General Members’ Meeting.
- No membership fee is payable by Honorary Members and Advisory Board Members.
- Only natural persons can become members of the Association. Membership is therefore personal and implies that the individual remains responsible for payment of the membership fee and is regarded as the Association’s debtor. The organisation for which the member works has NO contractual relationship with DACT.
- Membership can be terminated by the member or the Association only at the end of an association year and is subject to a notice period of four (4) weeks. However, membership can be terminated immediately if it is considered unfair to the Association or the member to demand that the membership be continued.
- Requests to terminate membership must be made in writing to the Secretariat (letter/fax/email).
- In January of each year members receive an invoice in respect of payment of the membership fee. The invoice must be paid within 4 weeks of the invoice date. Invoices submitted during the financial year are also subject to a payment term of four weeks.
- If the membership fee is not fully paid within the payment term quoted in clause 7, a payment reminder will be sent, requiring the member to pay the membership fee within two weeks of the date of the reminder.
- If the membership fee is not paid within the payment term quoted in clause 8, a second reminder will be sent, to which will be added a one-off additional administration cost of €25.00. The member will be requested to pay in full both the membership fee and the administration costs within two weeks of the date of the second reminder.
- If payment has still not been received within the payment term quoted in clause 9, the DACT Board has the right to:
- exclude the member from participating in meetings
- cease sending information from DACT
The Secretary will inform the member accordingly in writing. This measure will remain in force until the membership fee is received by the Association.
- If the membership fee and administration costs have still not been received four weeks after the payment term quoted in clause 9, the demand for payment will be transferred to a bailiff or debt-collection agency, the costs of which will be charged to the member.
- Once the demand for payment has been transferred, no further payment arrangements can be made. In addition, no arrangements can be agreed to if the payment is made direct to DACT. The administration and debt-collection costs remain payable and will be charged.
- If need be, legal proceedings can be started at DACT’s request. The member will be responsible for all costs related to the legal proceedings.
- If the membership fee is still not received through the debt-collection agency or the legal process, the Board will invoke its rights under article 6, part 1c of the statutes to expel the Association member. This expulsion will be announced at the General Members’ Meeting.
- In consultation with the Treasurer, an alternative option may be agreed.
Rules agreed at the General Members’ Meeting on 18th June, 2009